Assistant Volleyball Coach
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
Founded by the Sisters of Charity of New York, the College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, independent liberal arts college. Committed to the Catholic tradition and ecumenism, the College combines a strong core curriculum with a full array of majors in the liberal arts and, within the tradition of liberal education, selected professional fields of study. The Department of Athletics seeks to provide a student’s education that extends beyond knowledge, skills and preparation for work. We seek the development of the whole person. In the spirit of Vincent de Paul and Elizabeth Ann Seton, the Department of Athletics believes that building relationships and respect for others will lead to team unity, cohesiveness, confidence, and better human relations. We seek to foster an understanding of our common humanity, a commitment to human dignity, and a full appreciation of our obligations to each other. The Assistant Volleyball Coach is responsible for assisting in organization and administration of the Volleyball program. This is a part-time position.
- Assist the Head Coach in developing structured practices to meet team goals
- Counsel student athletes in good sportsmanship, sport participation, personal development, and academic success
- Assist the Head Coach in all recruiting activities
- Attend all on and off campus-scheduled practices.
- Assist the Head Coach in driving vans to and from practices and games
- Assist in any other duties as instructed by Head Coach
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 1-3 years of experience as an athlete or coach on the college or high school level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license is required
All qualified applicants are subject to a background check as part of the final approval process. Applicants must include a letter of application, resume and contact information for at least two references. Please send all application materials by email to: HR@mountsaintvincent.edu and email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.