Graduate Assistant for Service and Leadership
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
The Office of Mission and Ministry serves the campus as a center for service and spirituality working to fulfill the mission of the College through service and reflective opportunities, retreats, liturgical services, faith sharing groups, week-long service trips, and student pastoral care. Reporting to the Director for Mission and Ministry, the position of Graduate Assistant for Service and Leadership requires approximately 20-25 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours. The position is eleven-months (mid-July through mid-June).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the administration of and actively participate in annual Month of Service
- Attend weekly staff meetings, one-on-one meetings with the supervisor, professional development opportunities, and assigned campus-wide committees, such as Founders Day
- Actively engage in a ministry of presence, being available and responsive to students
- Participate as a departmental team member while supporting the Division of Student Affairs
- Empower students to become leaders in service experiences on and off campus
- Oversee and organize all donations that are brought to the office
- Enrollment in a graduate program
- Genuine interest in college students, as well as the ability to work well with, and relate to, all age groups
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google applications, such as email and calendar
- A current driver’s license (and willingness to drive 15 passenger van) preferred
All qualified applicants are subject to a background check as part of the final approval process. Applicants must send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three references by email to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to providing equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.