Fishlinger Center Studies
Fishlinger Optimism Index™
- Perceptions of U.S. Environmental Policy Lag Behind Many Other Countries
The U.S. falls in the middle in ratings of Environmental Policy
- National Leadership and Personal Prosperity Fall in February
The Fishlinger Optimism Index™, a breakthrough measurement of public opinion centered on Americans’ optimism about the future from the Fishlinger Center for Public Policy Research at the College of Mount Saint Vincent fell slightly from 61 in January to 59 in February ’18.
- Perceived Coverage of “Human Trafficking” Pales Compared to that of “Sexual Harassment”
Coverage of “sexual harassment” is more likely to be perceived as exaggerated when compared to that for “human trafficking”
- She Says ‘No’ but Will or Should Oprah Run for President?
A third of the people said they would like Oprah Winfrey to run for President of the United States
- Optimism Fell Significantly in 2017 but Personal Prosperity is Lifting it in January
Optimism fell from 72 in November-December 2016 to 56 in November-December 2017 and then rose to 61 in January 2018.
- Fishlinger Priorities Segmentation Study
Optimism fell dramatically last year among President Trump’s most ardent supporters
- New Landmark Fishlinger Priorities Segmentation Study
Issues and Problems: Americans’ Priorities and Expectations
- Optimism for President Trump Drops Significantly in 2017
True for Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. Same true for satisfaction with current performance.
- Americans Associate “Human Trafficking” with Sex Slavery and Think It Is Not Accurately Covered
- Perceptions of National Leadership and Federal Policy Fell Dramatically in 2017
- Americans Associate “Opioids” with Addiction and the Majority Feel the Issue is not Accurately Covered
- Revelations of Sexual Harassment Trigger Optimism for Social Progress
- Country Remains on Wrong Track and Satisfaction with President Trump Continues to be Low
- Direction of the Country Improves Slightly but Satisfaction with President Trump Remains Low
- The Fishlinger Optimism Index Levels Off
- Direction of the Country and Satisfaction with President Trump Remains at a Low Level
- The Fishlinger Optimism Index Recovers from Historic Low
- More Americans Believe the Country is on the Wrong Track
- The Fishlinger Optimism Index Hits Historic Low
- Obama’s Last Year vs. Trump’s First Six Months: Country Continues on the Wrong Track
- Six Months After Trump Takes Office, Optimism About the Future Falls Further
- Democrats and Independents: Country Headed Down Wrong Track
- Trump Optimism Dropped Significantly in First Half of 2017
- The Fishlinger Optimism Index: Americans More Optimistic About Social Progress in June
- Optimism About Trump Falls in May
- Americans Significantly Less Optimistic About National Leadership in May
- Americans More Optimistic About National Leadership, Social Progress, and Prosperity
- First 100 Days: Satisfaction with Trump Significantly Trails Still-High Obama Levels
- Fishlinger Optimism Index: Americans’ Concerns About Federal Policy, National Leadership Grows
- Fishlinger Optimism Index™: More Americans Satisfied With Obama Than Optimistic about Trump
- The February Fishlinger Optimism Index™ Suggests Americans Less Optimistic About Future
- New Fishlinger Center Optimism Index™ Shows Americans Increasingly Concerned about National Leadership and Social Progress
- Responsibility for the Environment: Individuals or the Government?
- The Problem of Drug Addiction in the United States
- Lack of Opportunities in Higher Education: Fault of the Individual or Society?
- Domestic Violence: More than Physical Abuse
- Society or the Individual: Root Causes of Poverty in America
- Affordable Health Care: A Right or a Privilege?
- Fishlinger Center Landmark Study of Social Issues – Human Trafficking: Involuntary Servitude!
Politics of Social Issues
- Public Sentiment Post-Inauguration
- Public Sentiment Pre-Inauguration
- Public Sentiment at the End of 2016
- Presidential Election 2016: A Retrospective
- Election 2016 – Race Tightens Before the Final Drive to Election Day
- Election 2016 – Before the F.B.I. Disclosure, Hillary Clinton was Leading and Most Voters Expect to See Her Win
- Election 2016 – Presidential Race Tightens Ahead of the First Debate
- Election 2016– Post-Convention: Heading Toward the Home Stretch before Labor Day
- Election 2016–Americans’ Views on the Election Process and Campaign Funding
- Election 2016 – Pre-Conventions: The Electorate is Dissatisfied and Polarized
- Election 2016 – Americans View the Candidates: Are They Qualified, Likable, Honest?
- Election 2016: Who Do Americans Think Will Win?