HEOP Eligibility Checklist
Consideration for the College of Mount Saint Vincent Higher Education Opportunity Program depends on students meeting all eligibility requirements including, but not limited to, financial income criteria as established by New York State. To confirm your economic eligibility, you must submit the following financial documentation as soon as possible.
- HEOP EZ Pre-Screen Eligibility Worksheet 2019—this document must be signed by both the student and a parent/guardian. Please be sure to answer every question on this form. Incomplete forms will not be considered or reviewed. If the answer to any question is ‘Yes,’ documentation must be provided (i.e. Social Security benefits statement, SNAP letter, Public Assistance, etc.)
- Copy of 2017 NYS Tax Return (if filed)—if 2017 NYS tax returns are available, please submit them as well
Please note: If your family did not file taxes in 2017, please provide proof of non-filer status and alternative proof of income.
- All corresponding W-2 and 1040 forms for 2017—income earned from work listed on the enclosed worksheet must match the income on the corresponding W-2 form. Any 1040 forms must be signed and dated
- 2017 IRS Tax Transcript—this may be requested online at irs.gov/get-transcript or by calling 1-800-908-9946
Please note: It may take 10 to 14 business days for the transcript to be sent to you via mail if you filed taxes electronically. If you filed a paper tax return, it may take 4 to 6 weeks. Be sure to allow yourself sufficient time to collect this documentation to meet the March 15 deadline.
- Confirmation of FAFSA filing
To be admitted to HEOP, students must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and NYS TAP (Tuition Assistance Program). The priority deadline to file the FAFSA is February 15.
Please read all instructions carefully and complete the EZ Pre-Screen Eligibility Worksheet. Incomplete files will delay admission to CMSV. If you have specific questions regarding financial eligibility, please contact the HEOP Financial Aid Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please return the documents to:
College of Mount Saint Vincent
Attention: HEOP Admission
6301 Riverdale Avenue
Riverdale, NY 10471
Documents may also be sent via fax to (718) 549-7945 or scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
Economic Eligibility Criteria Academic Year 2019-2020
To be considered for the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program, the applicant’s family income must fall within the ranges provided in the following chart:
|Persons in Family/Household||Poverty Guideline
|NYS Family Income Poverty x 185%|
Please note: For Family Unites with more than 8 members, add the following amount for each additional member: $7,992
Exceptions May Include
- The student’s family receives public assistance
- The student is living with foster parents who do not provide support for college, and no money is provided by the birth parents
- The student is a ward of the state or county
- The student’s household is supported by one member working two or more jobs at the same time
If you believe your family does not meet the economic criteria for HEOP listed above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your application be re-evaluated for regular admission.