Sr. Margaret Egan, Ed.D.
Areas of Interest
- Education, literacy, and assessment
- Use of media technology to enhance teaching
- Supervision of instruction
After extensive teaching experience with elementary and middle school children, Sr. Margaret Egan joined the Teacher Education Department to share her experience and love of teaching with aspiring teachers. Her interests are broad and include areas such as general education, literacy, assessment, teacher effectiveness, and use of media technology to enhance teaching. Sr. Egan’s interest in using technology to express oneself creatively began when she worked with middle school students prior to coming to the Mount.
- EDUC 211 Education and Society
- EDUC 430 Student Teaching Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 431/531 Student Teaching Elementary Education
- Teaching with Media, Reading in Elementary School, and Children’s Literature
Board of Trustees, Cathedral High School, New York, N.Y.
Education Program Evaluator, University in Upstate New York, 2013
Photography and reflective essays published in The Riverdale Press, Riverdale, N.Y., 2009-11
All Creation Sings: Praying the Psalms with Elizabeth Seton, co-authored with Sr. Regina Bechtle, 2009
“Reflective thinking: The essence of professional development,” Excelsior, 2 (1), 1-14, 2007