Application Checklist and Timeline
Early Action Deadline # 1: April 1
Students who complete the application process and have all the required prerequisites completed by April 1 can receive a decision on their application by April 15.
Early Action Deadline # 2: June 1
Students who complete the application process and have all the required prerequisites completed by June 1 can receive a decision on their application by June 15.
Regular Decision Deadline: July 1
- Complete the application for admission to the Accelerated Nursing
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation
- Submit an essay on the topic of your choice (via the online application)
- Send your official college transcripts in a sealed envelope from each college or university you have attended
Please note: standardized test scores are not required for admission into Accelerated Nursing. Applications will not be considered for admission until all required documents have been submitted to the Office of Admission.
To be considered for the Program, an applicant must have successfully completed the following prerequisites in the last five years, with a grade of B or better. Prospective applicants have the option to complete these courses at the College of Mount Saint Vincent as a non-matriculated student prior to being considered for admission into the Accelerated Nursing.
- Organic Chemistry
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II
In addition to the courses listed above, all applicants are required to complete, if they have not done so already, the following courses, which require a grade of C or better:
- Documentation of mastery of English language at the college level (college writing course).
- Documentation of mastery of mathematics at the college level (statistics or calculus).
Please note: policy states that students for whom English is a second language must complete a required interview with the Department of Nursing faculty, which can be completed in person or via Skype. They must also submit official TOEFL/IELTS scores, achieving 6.5 or above on the IELTS and 80 or above on the TOEFL.