At the Mount, we recognize that guidance counselors play an important role in students’ college search process. Through this counselor information portal, we encourage you to explore the College and its many resources.
Should you have any additional questions, please contact the Office of Admissions. We look forward to being a resource both to you and to your students in the upcoming year.
Our Review Process
Admission to the College of Mount Saint Vincent is based on academic and extracurricular performance in high school. We have a rolling admission application policy. We request the following items from students:
- Application – We are a Common Application member and charge no fee
- The Office of Admission employs an Early Action application policy with a November 15 deadline. Students who apply by the Early Action option deadline will receive their admission decision first via email on December 15, followed by an official acceptance packet in the mail to their home address.
- SAT or ACT Scores, if student is transferring with fewer than 24 college credits
- Personal essay on a topic of the student’s choice
- High school transcript. Initially the transcript will include grades 9-11 and the schedule for senior year. By January of the student’s senior year, we require submission of first quarter or mid-year grades
- Students who apply through the Regular Decision option will receive their decisions within four weeks of the date their application is completed. The Regular Decision priority deadline is March 1.
Prior-Prior Year Policy (PPY)
Students who are admitted to the College and complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to the December 15 admission notification date, should also expect their complete financial aid package within the same time frame of their admission decision.
- Completed application – either the Common Application or the College of Mount Saint Vincent application on our website (NO FEE for either)
- Copy of a High School transcript reflecting all coursework completed in grades 9 to 11
*If a student has attended multiple high schools, transcripts from each high school attended must be sent
- One letter of recommendation from anyone in a supervisory role unrelated to the student
- Standardized Test Scores are optional. If you believe that submitting your test scores will enhance our understanding of your overall academic achievements, you are welcome to do so.
- Acceptable formats include:
- Listed on the students’ High School transcript
- Sent automatically or via mail through College Board or ACT
- Sent via email by counselor or student as a downloadable PDF copy of Official Score Report from College Board account
- Acceptable formats include:
- Interview (only if requested by the Office of Admission)
College of Mount Saint Vincent Facts and Figures
- First-Year Applications Received – 3,456 (2017)
- First-Year Students Enrolled – 448 (2017)
- New Student Academic Interest:
- Accounting, Business, Economics – 15.3%
- Nursing – 17.8%
- Health Sciences, Math – 12.9%
- Communications and Social Sciences – 15.6%
- Undecided – 35.8%
- Humanities, Art and Teacher Education – 23.3%