Assistant Director for Financial Aid for Enterprise, Adult and Graduate Programs
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
The Assistant Director for Financial Aid for Enterprise, Adult and Graduate Programs is a member of the College’s Office of Financial Aid , reporting to and supporting the Associate Director of Financial Aid for Enterprise, Adult and Graduate Programs. The position is responsible for processing and communicating financial aid information to new and continuing students enrolled in Enterprise, Adult and Graduate programs, in accordance with federal, state and college regulations. The Assistant Director for Financial Aid for Enterprise, Adult and Graduate Programs will be the College’s “one stop shop” for these programs – the primary student-facing person who will answer students’ and parents’ questions regarding financial aid and the award process, the reflection of financial aid on student bills, and payment tools.
The Assistant Director will work an average of 19 hours per week at an hourly rate, with the weekly schedule focused during afternoon and evening hours to accommodate the availability of students and families. The position is not eligible for benefits.
- Counsel students and families regarding financial aid and responsibilities and payment options through individual meetings as well as via telephone, video conferencing or e-mail.
- Ensure timely processing of financial aid paperwork in support of verification, packaging and enrollment deadlines, and federal and state requirements, when required.
- Prepare financial aid award packages for new students in each program in accordance with program-specific awarding guidelines, applicable regulations, and in adherence with established timeline, utilizing automation and with the oversight of the Associate Director of Financial Aid.
- This is a remote position, working at the various partner sites or from home, at the discretion of the Associate Director of Financial Aid for Enterprise, Adult and Graduate Programs. Occasional attendance at the College of Mount Saint Vincent campus may be required with advanced notice.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years experience directly related to the duties listed above
- Banner, Microsoft Office Suite, Google family of products experience preferred. Computer savvy required. Must be willing to train on new software and processes
- The ability to maintain a schedule of work to meet needs and timetable of partner program constituents is required. The routine schedule will focus primarily in afternoon and evening hours, with a set schedule that may be modified based on the financial aid cycle
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents and staff within the College and its partners
- A positive, proactive attitude in a fast-paced work environment is essential. Experience providing excellent customer service
All qualified applicants are subject to a background check as part of the final approval process. Applicants must include a letter of application, resume and contact information for at least three references. Please send all application materials by email to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the College of Mount Saint Vincent, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local laws.