Associate Director for Sports Information
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
Responsible for marketing and publicity of the Department of Athletics programs, including all 15 varsity programs, statistical record keeping, and reporting to the NCAA and appropriate conferences. The Associate Director for Sports Information will be the primary media contact for all Athletics teams and serve as liaison between media representatives and the College’s coaches, administrators, and student athletes.
- Writing and designing media guides, writing, and distributing press releases, game programs, game stories, post-game releases, and other publications
- Responding to media requests for information and interviews
- Providing game-day statistics management as required for all conference games and facilitating Live Stats for games
- Submitting all weekly statistical reports to NCAA, Skyline Conference, etc.
- Providing leadership and supervision for student staff responsible for game statistics and time-keeping operations
- Promoting Athletics programs, games and game recaps, upcoming events through social media, press/hometown releases, and other publicity formats
- Maintaining and updating the Athletics website, and serving as the primary liaison between the College and Sidearm, the College’s athletic website vendor
- Developing content for College alumnae/i and donor focused publications, the College website, and other purposes
- Responding to requests for sports information from public, NCAA, Skyline, and Hudson Valley Conferences, and others
- Arranging for team, staff, and game photos
- Maintenance of historical documents including record books, photo library, archives, and career and season statistics
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in a sports information capacity in a higher education setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to support high academic standards and to motivate students
- Demonstrated commitment to the College’s Athletics program goals
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Proficient knowledge of STATCREW
All qualified applicants are subject to a background check as part of the final approval process. Applicants must include a letter of application, resume and contact information for at least three references. Please send all application materials by email to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the College of Mount Saint Vincent, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.