Dean of School of Graduate and Professional Studies
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
At the College of Mount Saint Vincent, academic excellence coupled with authentic inclusivity results in a community that meets learners when and where they need us. For students, this means that they experience a learning community where theory and practice extend far beyond the classroom and result in development of the whole person.
For faculty, staff, and administrators, this means collaborating with students and colleagues across the College to put student success at the center of our work. Working at the College of Mount Saint Vincent also means having access to a beautiful campus on the Hudson River where learning extends into one of the most vibrant cities in the world. Mount Saint Vincent has been consistently selected in multiple national rankings as an institution known for its value and quality.
Money magazine named the Mount as one of the nation’s Best Colleges in America, Ranked by Value in its 2020-2021 higher education rankings, and Mount Saint Vincent’s inclusion in The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education’s 2021 College Rankings was due to its commitment to putting student success and learning at its heart.
With a rich history and strong reputation for undergraduate education, the College is seeking to expand programs in graduate and adult education programs, including the launch of our Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies in Fall 2022. Key priorities include identifying, establishing, and overseeing new graduate and adult degree and degree completion programs, as well as serving as academic liaison for existing and new potential enterprise partners for mission-centered growth.
Reporting to the Provost, the Dean will serve as a resource and support for partners, students, and faculty, and will ensure a culture of academic excellence and integrity that mirrors the College’s traditional programs.
- Oversee academic operations of graduate and professional programs, including physician assistant, graduate education, and graduate nursing
- Maintain and implement academic policies and procedures for graduate and professional programs
- Affirm and expand partnerships with local and regional businesses, agencies, and other organizations to build program enrollments
- Point of contact in Academic Affairs for partner organizations
- In partnership with internal and external colleagues, develop innovative programs in graduate and adult education with appropriate pedagogical modalities that serve the needs of these learners
- Oversee assessment and evaluation of online, on-campus, and off-campus programs
- Build and maintain a dual enrollment program with existing and new partners
- Maximize enrollment in special summer and winter sessions
- Oversee day-to-day operation of the School of Graduate and Professional Studies, including managing personnel and department budget
- Interact with programmatic accreditation and state regulatory bodies as needed
- Work with Dean of the Undergraduate College, Dean of Nursing, Department Chairs, Faculty, and Faculty Senate on program development, approval, and administration
- Other duties as assigned by the Provost or President of the College
- Advanced degree
- Significant administrative experience in developing, managing, and growing adult, graduate, and professional academic offerings in multiple modalities of delivery
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in developing academic programs, exploiting a range of learning modalities, and identifying opportunities across departments for unique educational offerings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- (Preferred) Experience working with external partners who facilitate pathways to degrees/degree completion at the undergraduate and graduate level. Experience working with partners who facilitate international students studying in the US is also desirable
Applicants must include a resume and cover letter to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.