Executive Assistant for the Department of Nursing
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
Provides administrative support services to the Dean, faculty, administrators, and students. Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the support systems for the Department. Provides primary secretarial support to meet the goals and objectives of the Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides comprehensive administrative support to the Dean of Nursing
- Supports program directors and faculty
- Greets all visitors and provides appropriate information or direction
- Schedules and maintains calendar for meetings and appointments
- Assists with course schedules and faculty teaching assignments each semester; justifies departmental schedule with the Office of the Registrar’s records, as represented in Self-Service
- Reports adjunct faculty lists and assignments, and submits them to Academic Affairs for payroll
- Maintains individual faculty files, including curriculum vitae, annual reports, and faculty evaluations
- Coordinates student and program data, advisor assignments, annual reports, and NCLEX reports
- Develops and maintains comprehensive project databases, including data collection and management for various accrediting agencies
- Assists in the preparation of reports required by the NY State Education Department Office of the Professions, the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Coordinates and oversees alumnae/i, employer, and exit surveys
- Maintains student records, including list of students in each cohort, students’ clinical evaluations, and any grievances filed by students
- Manages departmental budget, billing, check requests, purchase orders, and ordering supplies
- Reviews and processes documents presented by new hires for completeness and adherence to requirements
- Supervises work-study students and maintains accrual of time to submit to payroll department
- Schedules campus and off-site meetings and special events
- Manages all office communications, including answering telephone and taking messages, distributing mail/packages and faxes to faculty and staff
- Prepares correspondence and other documents
- Files all course syllabi each semester
- Assists in the preparation of grants
- Supervise Work-Study Students
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required
- Two years of college or business school, plus one year of office experience, or an equivalent combination of school and experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, use of email and internet
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
All qualified applicants are subject to a background check as part of the final approval process. Applicants must include a letter of application, resume and contact information for at least three references. Please send all application materials by email to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the College of Mount Saint Vincent, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.