Food Services Utility
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
The position reports to the Director for Food Services/Assistant Manager/Supervisor. The position’s FLSA status is non exempt. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Performs duties, which maintain the food service department work areas, utensils, equipment and vehicles in clean, sanitized and orderly condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Care and cleaning of kitchen equipment, dish room and pot washing areas
- Washes pots, pans, trays and other cooking and serving equipment
- May wash and peel vegetables and fruits
- Operate and maintain dish room equipment according to sanitary standards
- Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment/li>
- May transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or with the use of a cart
- Removal of trash, separates into designated containers, and maintain clean floor in kitchen and dining area
- Scrubs out trash and garbage cans
Safety and Sanitation
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils within work area
- Cleans equipment, as assigned and in a timely fashion
- Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignment
- Represents college in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner is all customer and employee interactions
- Interacts with customers in a manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Relays relevant comments from customers directly to supervisors
- Consistently exhibits the ability to keep up with peak cafeteria hours and does so calmly, accurately and efficiently
- Ensures college safety standards are followed
- Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment
- Cleans up spills in the servey, dining area, his/her own work area immediately
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience
High school diploma and up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
All employees are responsible for maintaining a hazard free environment for themselves and our customers. All employees are required to wear personal protective equipment (goggles or eyewear, gloves and aprons) when handling chemicals or other hazardous substance or when assisting in first aid.
Employee Signature and Date
I have received, read and understand the job description(s) outlining my basic job responsibilities. I understand that I may be asked to perform other duties exclusive of my basic responsibilities and any other duties necessary within the course of business.
Associate Signature. Date
Manager’s Signature Date
I require the following accommodation in order to perform the requirements of the position:
Applicants must send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references who can speak to your professional qualifications by email to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.