Head Coach for Wrestling
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
Founded by the Sisters of Charity of New York, the College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, independent liberal arts college. Committed to the Catholic tradition and ecumenism, the College combines a strong core curriculum with a full array of majors in the liberal arts and, within the tradition of liberal education, selected professional fields of study. The Department of Athletics seeks to provide a student’s education that extends beyond knowledge, skills and preparation for work. We seek the development of the whole person. In the spirit of Vincent de Paul and Elizabeth Ann Seton, the Department of Athletics believes that building relationships and respect for others will lead to team unity, cohesiveness, confidence and better human relations. We seek to foster an understanding of our common humanity, a commitment to human dignity, and a full appreciation of our obligations to each other.
This position is a part-time position.
Responsibilities: Head Wrestling Coach
- Provides leadership and supervision in all aspects of the wrestling program including, recruitment, retention, academic support, practice preparation, game strategy, alumni development, fundraising and community service
- Recruitment of student athletes who meet the College’s admission requirements. Meets annual recruitment goals as developed annually by the Director of Athletics and Assistant Athletic Director/Admissions Liaison
- Full participation in monthly staff meetings, attendance at annual open house, Accepted students day and Division III celebration week activities
- Coordinate and outline a complete recruiting agenda within recruiting budget, to identify quality student athletes
- Mandatory attendance at all monthly staff meetings, admission open houses and scheduled orientations
- Ensures compliance with all College, Skyline Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations related to recruiting and academic monitoring for student-athletes
- Collaborates with the Sports Information Director for the positive promotion of the wrestling program. Areas included should be individual and team statistics, media guides, reports to NCAA, Skyline Conference, individual accolades on and off the field and website updates
- Ensures department and College regulations are understood and complied with by student athletes and coaching staff
- Work closely with the Department of Athletics in any fundraising activities that assist with wrestling program and/or the department in general
- Represent the College at athletics meetings including Skyline Conference meetings/conference calls and NWCA coaches’ convention
- Schedule competitive non-conference game schedule annually
- Monitoring the academic status of student athletes
- Coordinate a minimum of two community outreach projects for the promotion of Mount Saint Vincent athletics
- Develop and manage an annual operating budget and oversee the purchasing, distribution, and collection of all equipment
- Works closely with the Associate Director of Athletics on long and short-term planning for the Men’s Lacrosse program
- Hire, supervise, and train the Assistant Wrestling Coach(es) and team manager
Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current CPR /AED certification
- Experience coaching at the collegiate level
- Strong knowledge of NCAA rules, regulations, and recruiting practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with proven driving record in good standing
- Availability on weekends and nights are essential
All qualified applicants are subject to a background check as part of the final approval process. Applicants must include a letter of application, resume, and contact information for at least three references. Please send all application materials by email to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the College of Mount Saint Vincent, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.