Night Shift Custodian/Housekeeper for Facilities
The position of a Custodian/Housekeeper is responsible for operational conduct of housekeeping services for an assigned area within the College as needed. Areas to which the position is assigned are comprised of academic, administrative, residential and athletic facilities, and any other area assigned.
This position is delegated the authority to prioritize work within the assigned area to maintain departmental work standards, work assignments, and cleaning policy and procedure goals and objectives. Required to make decisions based on a full knowledge of these guidelines. Deviations from these guidelines must be reported and/or approved by management. The employee values teamwork and collaboration, is dependable, takes initiative, solves problems effectively, communicates clearly, and supports organizational change.
Expected to work with a high degree of independence, accountability, and authority. While much of the work is self-driven and process focused, additional work projects may be assigned to meet the departmental needs. Work may be reviewed in progress, upon completion and/or through reports, and feedback is shared on an ongoing basis and through periodic and annual performance review. This scheduled shift is for Sunday – Thursday 11:00 p.m.to 7:15 a.m.
- Respond to College employee, student, and guest complaints/requests with an appropriate measure of courtesy and service
- Responds to emergencies by coordinating with proper level of staff and equipment necessary to provide an effective solution to the situation
- Responds to customer complaints with appropriate measure of courtesy and service. If unable to resolve customer complaint, immediately reports complaint to supervisor
- Sustain continual physical exertion throughout the work day, including lifting loads up to 50 lbs., bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, and climbing
- Remain fully trained and request assistance from supervisor in the proper utilization of equipment and materials, chemical products, and the use of protective devices
- Tracks and monitors assigned work from beginning to completion
- Reports facility maintenance items needing repair with particular emphasis on lighting, dispensers, and other related items associated with custodial services functional work
- Bulk cleaning and trash handling
- Provide event coverage as needed and ensure event services are provided in accordance with established requirements
- Maintain high customer service levels through custodial performance levels
- Maintain the College Department of Facilities’ integrity, effectiveness, and efficiency via staff oversight and compliance to departmental work standards, work assignments and maintenance policies and procedures
- Recommend and present suggestions for continuous and add value process improvements
- Immediately notify proper parties of any injury and/or accident
- Additional duties as assigned by management
- Meet and maintain punctuality and attendance expectations
- Must abide by all College policies and procedures
- Experience in related field and floor care is preferred but not required
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Physical requirements include moderate physical exertion. The employee will be on their feet for a majority if not for their entire shift including extensive walking and standing. Position requires mobility, occasionally climbs, crawls, stoops or otherwise works in an awkward position. Lifting or moving heavy parcels, machines and equipment up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating various types of equipment.
- The employee values being a member of the team, is dependable, takes initiative, solves problems effectively, communicates clearly and supports organizational change.
All qualified applicants are subject to a background check as part of the final approval process. Applicants must include a letter of application, resume and contact information for at least three references. Please send all application materials by email to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the College of Mount Saint Vincent, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.