Principle Faculty Position
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
The College of Mount Saint Vincent invites applications for a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track principle faculty position in the Physician Assistant Program at the College of Mount Saint Vincent campus in Riverdale, New York. The Principle Faculty position requires the individual to work closely with senior faculty to ensure the educational program meets and exceeds that Accreditation Standards set forth by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant. For clinically practicing PAs, four days within the Physician Assistant Program and the fifth for clinical practice or professional advancement and contribution will be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in maintenance of ARC-PA standards and NYS Office of the Professions requirements and participate in ARC-PA accreditation report and self-study activities and analysis
- Teach, and/or evaluate instruction in core/professional courses as assigned by the Director. Assist in the design, implementation, coordination, and continuous review and update of the curriculum including the didactic course syllabi, instructional materials and learning objectives
- Participate in the PA Program admissions process
- Deliver student instruction
- Evaluate student performance
- Provide academic counseling of students and coordinate remedial instruction
- Participate in the Curriculum and Academic Affairs Committee and other program and/or University committees as approved by the Director of the Physician Assistant Program
- Participate in student advisement and report on each advisee’s academic progress
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- A keen dedication to detail and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment
- Skillful problem-solving capabilities are necessary
- At least three years of clinical experience
- Master’s degree is required
- Current NCCPA Certification, State of New York PA license or New York State PA license eligible
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is among the five oldest colleges within New York City and has received praise for its commitment to offering undergraduate and graduate students the highest quality education and creating pathways for success to maximize students’ personal and economic growth. Located along the shores of the majestic Hudson River with breathtaking views of the Palisades, the College of Mount Saint Vincent offers one of the most scenic educational environments within the tri-state region.
To apply please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and names and phone numbers of three professional references. Due to the volume of applications received, communication will generally be limited to those candidates that are selected for additional consideration.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.