Simulation Lab Educator for Department of Nursing: Riverdale Campus
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
The Simulation Educator provides clinical, educational and technical expertise in the development, implementation and evaluation of the human patient simulation initiative. Responsible for working with faculty and students to ensure the highest quality simulation learning activities are integrated and implemented across the undergraduate and graduate programs.
This is a 12-hour, three days-a-week position (7 a.m. to 7 p.m.) with some flexibility.
- Collaborates with nursing faculty to develop simulation scenarios to promote student learning, critical thinking, and clinical decision-making
- Coordinates and supervises students to ensure that lab experiences meet course objectives
- Provides individual oversight to students for practice and remediation on technical skills and competencies, as requested by faculty and students
- Teaches simulation sessions as needed
- Assists with faculty development and training related to the use of simulation
- Coordinates with the Director of Clinical and Simulation Learning to oversee the use of the Simulation Center for regular classes, special simulation sections, open labs, advanced clinical skills sessions, and clinical skills evaluations
- Participates in the collection of evaluation data on learning outcomes for simulation activities and collaborates with faculty to disseminate findings of their students’ outcomes
- Serves as an academic advisor to Accelerated Nursing students
- Experience with high fidelity human patient simulators
- Prior experience teaching at the baccalaureate level
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Nursing
All qualified applicants are subject to a background check as part of the final approval process. Applicants must include a letter of application, resume and contact information for at least three references. Please send all application materials by email to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the College of Mount Saint Vincent, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.