Marillac Hall (pronounced “MARY-yak”), built in 1860, is the Mount’s oldest residence hall, yet it enjoys all the form and function of more modern campus dorms. Today the stone-covered building is home to approximately 90 upperclass students. The building is a combination of traditional rooms with shared hallway bathrooms, and suites with private bathrooms. Several lounges and a small chapel are located on the first floor. Marillac’s Engagement Lounge holds the distinction of being the first—and for many years, the only—location on campus where men were allowed to visit on campus. It was reserved for engaged couples, of course!