Apply – Summer/Winter Special Sessions
The College of Mount Saint Vincent welcomes undergraduate and graduate-level students who are interested in furthering their education by completing courses without pursuing a degree or being matriculated at the College.
Courses are offered during the Summer Sessions and the Winter Intersession through the School for Professional and Graduate Studies. Traditional undergraduate students may enroll in these courses to make up credits, improve their overall GPA, or repeat a course when an F or a low grade was earned. Students may enroll in up to two courses during each of these special sessions. Enrollment in additional courses requires the written permission of the Dean of the Undergraduate College or the Dean of the School of Professional and Graduate Studies.
Who should apply for a Special Session?
- College graduates looking for prerequisite courses necessary for admission into post baccalaureate programs such as Accelerating Nursing, Medicine, Physical Therapy or Public Health.
- Undergraduate students who missed prerequisite courses and are looking to get back on track.
- Undergraduate students looking to advance with additional course work.
- Career changers who need refresher courses.
- Individuals interested in professional development or enrichment opportunities.
- High School students looking to gain college experience and credit.
What are the benefits of taking a Special Session?
- Summer courses are offered May through August and winter courses are offered in January.
- Tuition in the summer is lower than during the Fall and Spring semester.
- There are more opportunities for undergraduate students to live on campus during the summer session.
- In many cases, faculty are the same teachers who instruct during the traditional Fall and Spring semesters.
You can now call, email, or chat your graduate admission questions. A School of Professional and Graduate Studies admission counselor will answer your questions live Monday and Wednesday in the morning, Tuesday and Thursday in the afternoon, and all day Friday. Please follow the prompt at the bottom of the page to begin chatting. We look forward to hearing from you!