CMSV Celebrates Founders Day April 19, 2012
Riverdale, N.Y. —The College of Mount Saint Vincent celebrates the 101st anniversary of the charter creating the College of Mount Saint Vincent on Thursday, April 19, 2012. The Founders Day Celebration will include a full roster of activities.
Originally founded as the Academy of Mount Saint Vincent in 1847 by the Sisters of Charity of New York, the Trustees of the University of the State of New York amended the charter in 1911, creating the College of Mount Saint Vincent. Today the College is synonymous with exceptional, co-educational, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts education with nationally-recognized programs taught by distinguished faculty in small, supportive classes. The College offers a quality education to talented students without regard to financial background, by offering generous scholarships and institutional grants.
The Founders Day Celebration Schedule
- Founders Day Presentations in select classes by the Sisters of Charity;
- Commuter Breakfast at 8:00 a.m. in the Alumnae Pavilion;
- Employee Service Awards Brunch at 10:00 a.m. in Pastorini Dining Hall;
- Founders Day Liturgy at 12:30 p.m. in the Founders Hall Chapel;
- Walking Tour at 2:30 p.m. on the 2nd Floor Founders Hall Porch;
- Sandwich Making at 3:00 p.m. (meet in Campus Ministry Office);
- The Blessing of the Peace Pole at 3:30 p.m. in the South Plaza of Founders Hall;
- “Teach Me … Knowledge” Spring Forum presented by Professor of History Dr. Joseph Skelly at 4:00 p.m. in the President’s Reception Room;
- Festive Dinner from 5:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in Spellman;
- Founders Day Blend: Celebrating Diversity at 6:00 p.m. on the Quad;
- Midnight Run at 9:00 p.m. (meet in Campus Ministry Office)
About the College of Mount Saint Vincent
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college. It combines a strong core curriculum with a full array of majors in the liberal arts and selected professional fields of study, including accounting, business administration, education, and nursing. Through its School of Professional and Continuing Studies, the College extends its primary undergraduate mission by offering high quality graduate studies in business, education and nursing and an array of undergraduate and certificate programs serving non-traditional students. Mount Saint Vincent is located on a pastoral campus in New York City, with easy access to all the educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities that the City affords.