College of Mount Saint Vincent Announces Homecoming and Family Weekend
Slate of soccer matches and other activities set for October 17-19, 2014
Riverdale, N.Y. – The College of Mount Saint Vincent will host its first Homecoming Weekend, Friday, October 17 through Sunday, October 19, 2014. The College has invited alumni and other guests to its Riverdale campus for a two-game soccer faceoff against the Sage Colleges and St. Joseph’s College. For its induction, Homecoming has been combined with the school’s annual Family Weekend, which opens the campus to students and their families to enjoy a ceremonial Parade of Athletes, barbecue, and other events and activities.
The College is expecting between 500 and 1,000 guests at its inaugural event. All Homecoming and Family Weekend activities are free and open to students, alumni, families and supporters of the College, administrators, faculty, and staff. Tours of campus will take place on Saturday, October 18. The College is also sponsoring a canned food and school supplies drive, and donations can be dropped off at the Office of Campus Ministry located on the first floor of Founders Hall.
Homecoming Weekend Schedule
Friday, October 17, 2014
- Mount Madness – 7 p.m. – Peter Jay Sharp Athletic and Recreation Center
- Mount Madness Afterparty – 10 p.m. – Old Gym (ticket and I.D. required for entry)
- “Young” Alum Party – 8:30 p.m. to midnight – Benedict’s, Founders Hall
Saturday, October 18, 2014
- Ad Laudem Dei – 10 a.m. – Blue Room, Founders Hall (invitation only)
- Parade of Athletes and Field Dedication – noon – Athletic Field at Marillac
- Homecoming BBQ – noon to 5 p.m. – Marillac Patio and Parking Lot
- Family Day Festivities – noon to 5 p.m. – Great Lawn
- Women’s Soccer versus The Sage Colleges – 12:30 p.m. – Athletic Field at Marillac
- Men’s Soccer versus St. Joseph’s College – 3:30 p.m. – Athletic Field at Marillac
- Homecoming Mass – 5:30 p.m. – Chapel of the Immaculate Conception
Sunday, October 19, 2014
- Making Strides for Breast Cancer Walk – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Great Lawn (to sign up as a team or as a participant for the walk, please RSVP at CMSV Breast Cancer Walk Registration)
For more information, please visit Reunion and Homecoming
About Outside the Classroom
The Outside the Classroom series is part of the College of Mount Saint Vincent’s National Measures of Quality (NMQ) initiative—a reliable, sensible model of assessment demonstrating the exceptional quality and authentic value of a Mount education, both within and beyond the classroom.
About the College of Mount Saint Vincent
Founded in 1847 by the Sisters of Charity, the College of Mount Saint Vincent offers nationally recognized liberal arts education and a select array of professional fields of study on a landmark campus overlooking the Hudson River. Committed to the education of the whole person, and enriched by the unparalleled cultural, educational and career opportunities of New York City, the College equips students with the knowledge, skills and experiences necessary for lives of achievement, professional accomplishment and leadership in the 21st century.