Stay Healthy and Active
It is important to stay healthy and keep active during this time! Here are some suggestions for activities you can do to to keep your mind and body moving.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood. Be sure to keep social distance and wear a face covering.
- Set up a scavenger hunt. Make a list of the different types of birds you see while you’re walking. Can you spot a house with a blue door? What about an orange flower?
- Try out a new recipe. The internet is a great resource for finding new healthy recipes to try. Or see what you can whip up using only ingredients you already have in the pantry.
- Plant a garden. You can buy seeds, sprouts, and supplies from many websites without leaving your home. Don’t have a patch of land to use? Try growing your own herbs in recycled bottles or jars right on your window sill.
- Test out an online fitness class. With gyms closed, many fitness facilities are now offering free virtual workout classes. From yoga to Zumba and from high-intensity interval training to meditation, check out YouTube to find one that best suits your fitness needs.