M.S. in Early Childhood and Special Education (Dual Certification)
The M.S. in Early Childhood and Special Education (Dual Certification) program is designed for career changers or recent college graduates who have not completed formal preparation in teacher education.
This dual certification 46-credit program (43 graduate credits and 3 undergraduate credits) provides teacher candidates with the content and pedagogical skills to develop and deliver educational services and instruction to young, diverse learners—including those with special needs.
- First Term – Fall 2020 (9 credits)
- Second Term – Spring 2021 (7 credits)
- Third Term – Summer 2021 (9 credits)
- Fourth Term – Fall 2021 (6 credits)
- Fifth Term – Summer 2022 (6 credits)
- Sixth Term – Fall 2022 (9 credits)
View a more detailed sample program plan
The successful completion of the program and passing scores on specific certification exams will lead to recommendation for initial certification in early childhood education and education young children with disabilities.