Open primary navigation menu
Mobile Dropdown Button

Study Abroad Eligibility

Students can study abroad beginning the first semester of their sophomore year or, in some special cases and with the permission of the Dean of the College, the second semester of their freshman year. Transfer students can travel abroad beginning in their second semester. Additionally, students must:

  • Identify a clear purpose for studying abroad.
  • Have a GPA of 2.5 or above.
  • Meet with their academic advisor to discuss study abroad options and courses, that would best fulfill their major or core requirements, and to ascertain the best semester to study abroad.
  • Follow up with the Office of International Student Services (ISS) to confirm study abroad destination and requirements.
  • Submit all required forms, including the Study Abroad Application*, Student Acknowledgement, and Health Clearance. If a student answers “yes” to any question on the Health Clearance form, their medical provider must completely fill out the Provider Clearance form. While the form should be completely filled out, students need only submit pages three and four of the Provider Clearance form to the ISS office.**
  • Register for the class(es) associated with the study abroad program.

Tuition and Fees

Students pay their regular tuition, fees, room and board to the University of Mount Saint Vincent.  The College coordinates payment to the affiliated provider of the approved study abroad program.

Please note:
*Students must get all signatures on the Study Abroad Application materials in order to be considered for study abroad. 

**For faculty-led programs: if the student doesn’t complete the application process before paying program fee, they risk forfeiting the fee.

(718) 405-3206
Founders Hall 421