Robert Sammartano, PA-C, ACS, FAAPA, FNYSSPA
Robert (Bob) Sammartano’s collaborative research efforts have earned him multiple awards from the American College of Surgeons (national and local meetings), American Medical Association, Radiologic Society of North America, Society of Surgeons of the Alimentary Tract, and the Montefiore Medical Center Alumni Association. He has co-authored 15 published abstracts, 18 original articles, and six chapters in medical/surgical texts.
Bob joined the Mount’s Physician Assistant Studies Program following two years at another institution where he met the College’s current program director, Dr. Anthony Garofalo.
- American Association of Surgical PAs
- House of Delegates for the American Academy of PAs
Honors and Awards
- Michael and Aling Sheran Award for Outstanding Clinical Performance
- Montefiore Staff and Alumni Association Physician Assistant Distinguished Service Award
- John W. Kirklin, MD Award for Professional Excellence as a Surgical Physician Assistant
- MLP Award for Outstanding Educator for the PA Profession | DeMatteis Center for Cardiac Research and Education
- Lifetime Achievement Award | AASPA
- Pinnacle Award for Selfless Dedication to the Profession and PA Education | Touro College of School of Health Sciences
- President’s Award | NYSSPA