Childhood Education and TESOL (Dual Certification) Application Checklist and Timeline
Summer: May 1
To be admitted into this program applicants must:
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Have earned a 3.0 minimum undergraduate or 3.5 graduate GPA
- Have fulfilled general education requirements needed for certification, including study in artistic expression, communication, information retrieval, history and social sciences, humanities, language other than English, scientific processes, mathematical processes, and written analysis and expression
- The following majors will have fulfilled the content core requirements for both certificate areas: Psychology, Sociology, Communication, Biology, Chemistry, General Science, Mathematics, History, Spanish, English or an interdisciplinary major that combines any two of the aforementioned areas
- Provide documentation of 12 credits in a language other than English
Please note: Applicants who fulfill all admission requirements except for the 12 credits in language may be conditionally accepted. Documentation of language completion must be fulfilled by degree conferral.
Complete an Application
Submit your application
Applicants should send their official transcripts in sealed envelopes, from each college or university they have attended. All credentials from foreign institutions require a World Education Services (WES) evaluation.
Two Letters of Recommendation
Two (2) letters of recommendation—one professional and one academic preferred.
References and transcripts can be sent separately or as part of the complete application. Both references and transcripts should be sent in envelopes sealed by the individual issuing the reference or the college issuing the official transcript. Copies and open envelopes are unofficial documents and will not be accepted.
Applicants will receive a writing prompt once they have submitted their application.
Standardized Test Scores
International applicants to the Office of Professional and Graduate Studies at the College of Mount Saint Vincent will be required to submit a TOEFL or an IELTS score report. International students should score 80 or better on the TOEFL exam, or 6.5 or better on the IELTS.