Teresita Ramirez, PhD
Associate Professor of Business and Economics
PhD, University of Hawaii
MA, University of Hawaii
Diploma in Development Studies, University of Cambridge
AB, University of the Philippines
Areas of Interest
- International economics
- Development economics
- International political economy
- Transition economics
- ECON 220 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 230 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 304 Intermediate Price Analysis
- ECON 305 Money and Banking
- ECON 336 International Trade
- BUSN 419/ECON 419 International Finance
- BUSN 401 International Political Economy
Private Domestic Enterprises: China’s Engines of Economic Growth. National Committee on U.S.-China Relations, November 2006.
The Road to the European Union: Macroeconomic Policy Challenges for Hungary and Poland. Polish-U.S. Fulbright Commission and the Hungarian-American Commission for Educational Exchange, November 2002.
An Essay on Health Economics: Hospital Cost Shifting and the Provision of Uncompensated Care. Business and Economics Review, Vol. 10, No. 1 (December 1998), De La Salle University, Manila.
The Economics of Technology: Cybermoney and Its Implications on Banking and Monetary Policy. Annual Lecture of the Anthony C. Aguirre Distinguished Professorial Chair in Economics, De La Salle University, Manila, February 1998.
A Multiproduct Cost Function for the Nursing Home Industry. Annual Lecture of the Anthony C. Aguirre Distinguished Professorial Chair in Economics, De La Salle University, Manila, February, 1999.
Primary Care Needs Assessment Databook, February 1996. Published by the State of Hawaii Department of Health, for public dissemination.
State of Hawaii Primary Care Access Plan, July 1995. Published by the State of Hawaii Department of Health, for public dissemination.
Business and Economics Review, Editor-in-Chief of the online publication of the Department of Business and Economics, College of Mount Saint Vincent. Vol 1:1, Spring 2002, Vol 2:1, Spring 2003, Vol 3:1, Fall 2004
Business and Economics Review, Editor-in-Chief of the academic journal of the College of Business and
Economics, De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines. Vol 10:1, 1999, Vol 9:1, 1998.
Honors and Awards
- Fulbright-Hays Award: Seminars Abroad Program | People’s Republic of China, June-July 2006
- Fulbright-Hays Award: Seminars Abroad Program | Hungary and Poland, June-August 2002
- Anthony C. Aguirre Distinguished Professorial Chair in Economics | De La Salle University, 1997-98
- East-West Center Degree Student Award | University of Hawaii, 1984-86
- Asian Development Bank/Japan Scholarship Grant | University of Hawaii, 1988
- British Council/Colombo Plan Scholarship | University of Cambridge, England, 1974-75
- Training Award on Regional Development Studies | Ministry of Overseas Development, UK, 1975
Public Policy Experience
- Planner | State of Hawaii Department of Health, Honolulu, 1994-96
- Economic Analyst | Governor’s Blue Ribbon Panel on Hawaii’s Health Care System, 1991-92
- Technical Assistant for Economic Research | Asian Development Bank, Manila, 1980-84
- Systems Implementation Specialist | Philippine Ports Authority, Manila, 1976-80
- Development Management Officer | Economic Staff, Office of the President, Philippines, 1972-76
- American Economic Association
- Fulbright Association
- Asia Society
- American Institute for Economic Research
- Asian Women Leadership Network