International Student FAQs

Can I receive financial aid as an international student?
The College of Mount Saint Vincent awards need-based financial aid only to United States citizens. However, you may be eligible to receive merit-based scholarships.

Should I submit SAT, TOEFL, or GTEC CBT scores?
You may submit scores from either of these standardized tests. Generally, you’ll submit SAT scores if you’re from an English-speaking country; otherwise, you’ll submit the TOEFL.

In lieu of TOEFL, successful completion of both the Intensive American English Language Program and a comprehensive English language proficiency exam, such as the GTEC CBT, will satisfy the English Language requirement for admission.

How do I get my I-20 form to obtain my visa?
First, you must be admitted to the College. Once you have been accepted, send us your finance form or bank statement that shows you can afford a four-year education at the Mount (excluding merit scholarship, if you have been offered one). We will issue you an I-20 after we receive your bank statement and enrollment deposit.

Is there housing available on the Riverdale campus?
Yes. Unlike many colleges and universities in the United States, the College of Mount Saint Vincent’s student housing and meal plans are available 365 days a year for international students.

Please note: you can also be admitted to the Intensive American English Language Program to study English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). You need to submit an application that includes your length of study (6-month, 12-month, or 18-month program) and a finance form or bank statement that shows you can afford your education at our language program for the chosen length of study.

Learn more about our ELS Center.