Application Checklist and Timeline
Once you’ve submitted your application, log into your Student Portal to track the steps to completing the application process:
- Transcript(s) from each college or university attended
- If you have attended an international university and your transcript is not in an American format, please have the transcripts evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation agency www.naces.org
- Transcripts do not need to be official for application review. Unofficial, .pdf copies can be used for application review, credit evaluation, and scholarship awarding
- Official transcripts are necessary for the following:
- To be awarded final credits for courses in progress at the time of application
- To remain enrolled in classes
- To have financial aid released to your student account
- Should official transcripts not be received by the end of the add/drop period, students will be removed from classes and will be liable to pay in full for educational services rendered
- Official high school transcript with graduation date
- Personal essay on a topic of your choice
- CMSV supplemental essay of 250-300 words (optional)
Please note: All undergraduate students are required to submit a copy of their high school transcript regardless of credits earned or Associate’s Degree earned. We highly encourage you to request transcripts be sent to your home address, and not directly to CMSV, from the Registrar’s Office of the schools you have previously attended. Once received, transcripts may be opened and uploaded to your portal on your own. This is the easiest way to send your transcripts.
Admission Requirements by Major
- Biology 3.00 GPA, B- or better in science coursework
- Education 2.50 GPA
- All other majors 2.00 GPA
- Nursing (see Nursing Transfer Checklist and Timeline)
Online Student Portal
Once you have applied, you will be provided with login information via email, for an easy-to-use, interactive student portal. This portal will give you the ability to check the status of your application at any time, upload required documents at your leisure (in a .pdf format only), view your admission decision, scholarship information and financial aid awards.
- Fall Semester: July 15
- Spring Semester: December 15
- Rolling Admission: Receive notification within four weeks of completing your application
Application review for the spring semester begins on October 15; application review for the fall semester begins February 1.
Please note: Any student interested in deferring their enrollment and/or acceptance to an upcoming semester must submit a request in writing to the Office of Admission. The Admission Committee will review the request and notify the student of a decision promptly. A student cannot defer more than two semesters, or one year, from the original acceptance. Additionally, letters of recommendation will be required upon request on a case-by-case basis.
Office of Admission