Congratulations and welcome to the College of Mount Saint Vincent community!
Few schools can offer what Mount Saint Vincent does. Students benefit from a beautiful campus and the support of a close-knit academic community, while taking advantage of the unparalleled cultural, professional, and scholarly resources available in New York City.
As you approach the next step of your academic career, we invite you to get to know everything there is to know about the Mount—and your peers who will join you. Explore the countless resources the Mount has to offer, join the discussion on our social media sites, and discover why we believe your future starts here.
Explore the Mount
- We have over 70 nationally recognized degree programs and course offerings—and with small class sizes and personalized attention, students benefit from a hands-on learning experience, allowing them to develop new passions, explore unfamiliar ideas, and become part of an academic community supportive enough to make success a reality.
- Our Core Curriculum allows students to complete classes in a broad range of disciplines–literature, languages, music, history, philosophy, religion, mathematics, as well as natural and social sciences—to develop a solid foundation of knowledge, a repertoire of analytical skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and a refined capacity for moral and ethical judgment.
- The Honors Program offers highly motivated students a unique and challenging approach to the Core Curriculum, designed to stimulate intellectual growth, creativity, and critical thinking skills. The program is interdisciplinary, with classes specifically designed to help students decipher complexity while developing academic skills.
- A vibrant campus life is part of our mission. With more than 40 different clubs and organizations, leadership development guidance, a strong commitment to volunteer and community service, study abroad and international service learning opportunities, and an array of NCAA Division III varsity sports, the College offers every student a forum for growth and development.
Launch Your Career
- The College’s Oxley Center for Academic Advisement and Career Education helps students appreciate their strengths and interests, understand the value and range of opportunities associated with their strenghts, and strategize how to translate what they love into a meaningful career.
- We’re just minutes from Manhattan offering you the greatest internship opportunities in the world. From ABC to the Met and ESPN to the U.N. we’ll help you secure internships at top businesses, entertainment companies, health care facilities, government agencies, and much more.
- The Mentors Program pairs students with accomplished alumnae/i, trustees, and friends of the College to help undergraduates channel their passion and talents toward successful, fulfilling professional lives.
- From psychology to genetics, Mount students present their original research at regional and national conferences. The Center for Undergraduate Research sponsors and supports students developing original research and scholarships across the College.
We’ve prepared a checklist and timeline of things you need to do now that you are an accepted student at the College of Mount Saint Vincent.
Accepted Student Events
The Office of Admission hosts a full schedule of events for accepted students that will help you get acquainted with our idyllic campus and inclusive student body. Come and explore the exceptional opportunities available to our students inside and outside the classroom.
Request a Tour
We strongly encourage all prospective students to visit us at the Mount. It’s the best way to experience our beautiful campus, meet some of the people with whom you will live and work, and discover the opportunities we have to offer.
Meet the Mount Days
There is no better way to get to know the College of Mount Saint Vincent than by spending time on campus.
We invite you to Meet the Mount and experience the daily life of a CMSV student. Explore our beautiful 70-acre campus along the Hudson River. Go to the library or sit in on a class to see how our students interact. Eat lunch in Hudson Heights or grab a bite from Mag’s Kitchen. Strike up a conversation with future classmates and professors. Or take a glimpse at our vibrant campus life and attend a lecture, game, or club meeting.
- FAFSA priority deadline: March 15 (new students) and April 15 (continuing students)
- Enrollment Deposit deadline: May 1
- Housing and Dining Application deadline: June 15
- Proof of Immunization deadline: August 1
- Final High School Transcript deadline: August 1
Important Phone Numbers
- Office of Admission: (718) 405-3267
- Office of Academic Advisement and the Oxley Career Education Program: (718) 405-3265
- Office of Campus Safety and Security: (718) 405-3722
- Office of Financial Aid: please fill out the inquiry form
- Office of Housing and Residence Life: (718) 405-3226
- Office of the Registrar: (718) 405-3771 or 3461 or 3254
- Office of Student Accounts: (718) 405-3297 or 3298
- No-Book Store: (718) 405-3462
We can’t wait to welcome you to campus! To learn more about the Mount, register for an event, or find out what’s next, please contact us.