Application Checklist and Timeline
Accelerated Nursing is now accepting applications for Spring, Summer, and Fall cohorts!
Offering locations in Long Island City and Riverdale, the College of Mount Saint Vincent is pleased to offer the Accelerated Nursing Program during the spring, summer and fall. Please see the information below regarding deadlines and application requirements.
Spring Deadline: December 1 (the Spring term only begins at the Long Island City campus)
Summer Deadline: March 1 (the Summer term only begins at the Riverdale campus)
Fall Deadline: July 1 (the Fall term offers admission at both the Riverdale and Long Island City campuses)
- Complete the application for admission to Accelerated Nursing. Once you’ve completed your application, log into your Student Portal to track the steps to complete the application process
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation
- Submit an essay on why you wish to pursue a career in nursing via the online application
- Transcript(s) from each college or university attended
- Transcripts do not need to be official for application review. Unofficial, .pdf copies can be used for application review, credit evaluation, and scholarship awarding
- If you have attended an international university and your transcript is not in an American format, please have the transcripts evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation agency naces.org
- Official transcripts are necessary for the following:
- To be awarded final credits for courses in progress at the time of application
- To remain enrolled in classes
- To have financial aid released to your student account
- Should official transcripts not be received by the end of the add/drop period, students will be removed from classes and will be liable to pay in full for educational services rendered”
Please note: standardized test scores are not required for admission into Accelerated Nursing. Applications will not be considered for admission until all required documents have been submitted to the Office of Admission.
To be considered for the Program, an applicant must have successfully completed the following prerequisites in the last five years, with a grade of B or better. Prospective applicants have the option to complete these courses at the College of Mount Saint Vincent as a non-matriculated student prior to being considered for admission into the Accelerated Nursing.
- Organic Chemistry
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II
In addition to the courses listed above, all applicants are required to complete, if they have not done so already, the following courses, which require a grade of C or better:
- Documentation of mastery of English language at the college level (college writing course).
- Documentation of mastery of mathematics at the college level (statistics or calculus).
Please note: policy states that students for whom English is a second language must complete a required interview with the Department of Nursing faculty, which can be completed in person or via Skype. They must also submit official TOEFL/IELTS scores, achieving 6.5 or above on the IELTS and 80 or above on the TOEFL.