Open primary navigation menu
Mobile Dropdown Button

Declaration or Change of Major/Minor

Students wishing to declare or change their major area of study may do so at any time during the academic year by completing the process outlined on the Declaration or Change of Major/Minor form which is available on the University of Mount Saint Vincent – Office of the Registrar’s Commonly Used Forms page.

Upperclassmen who declare a change of major will be assigned to an advisor in that major. Freshman and first semester sophomore students who declare a change of major will remain with their FYE advisor until the advisement/registration period of the Spring semester of Sophomore year. At that time, all students will be assigned to a faculty advisor in their area of study.

In order for students to declare a minor, they must meet with the Department Chairperson of that academic discipline to discuss the specific requirements necessary to complete the Minor Contract. The Declaration of Major/Minor form and Minor contract must be completed in order to complete the process.