Candidates for degrees must declare their candidacy by filing a graduation application with the Office of the Registrar in accordance with the following schedule:
- January degree conferral —file on or before November 1st (previous year)
- May degree conferral—file on or before October 1st (previous year)
- August degree conferral—file on or before February 1st (same year)
Graduation Applications may be obtained at the Office of the Registrar. Candidates should meet with their advisors to make sure that there is a reasonable certainty that all degree requirements will be satisfied prior to the graduation date.
Applications received after the deadline may not be processed.
Graduation Ceremony Participation
In order to participate in the Graduation Ceremony, students must meet the following conditions:
- They can be no more than one course short of all requirements for graduation.
- Students must have an approved plan to register for the required course within the next academic year (summer, fall, winter, spring). The plan must be approved by the Department chair. An email indicating when and where the required course will be taken sent from the chair to the registrar copying the Dean of the Undergraduate College will constitute approval.
- Students have to agree to pay in full the price of the Mount Saint Vincent credits needed before walking at Commencement.