The College of Mount Saint Vincent Dining Services has a deep respect and commitment to use best practices to protect and improve our environmental impact. We are dedicated to providing the Mount community with an exceptional dining experience that is good for them and for the planet. Learn more about our corporate responsibility.
Our Priorities and Practices
- We place emphasis on packaging, making sure our take-out containers are all made of recycled materials
- We use Xpressnap Dispensers, which are made of 100% recycled paper and a dispenser that encourages customers to take fewer napkins
- We’ve also eliminated plastic straws and stirrers
- We switched to cage-free shell eggs and cage-free liquid eggs, which helps reduce antibiotic use in farm animals
- We purchase from suppliers who practice safe labor laws and never exploit or harm their employees by providing a safe work environment and do not employ slave labor
- We have a 100% ban on trans-fat