Items to Bring
Wondering what to bring with you?
Below is a list of common items that most students like to bring with them. Please note the items that are limited to one per room, and which items are prohibited. If you forget something, there are several local shopping options within driving distance of the College or accessible by public transportation.
- Bedding (pillows, sheets, blankets, mattress pads–beds are twin x-long)
- Bathrobe and shower shoes
- Caddy to store and carry shower items
- Personal hygiene items (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, hair products, etc.)
Miscellaneous Room Items:
- Area rug (rooms have wood or tile floors)
- Storage containers
- Laundry bag/basket
- High efficiency laundry detergent
Electronics and Hardware:
- Computer and printer
- TV with coaxial cable wire (1 per room)
- DVD player/Game consoles
- Power strip with surge protector
- Ethernet cord
- Desk lamp or reading lamp
- Trash can
- Refrigerator (1 per room)
– smaller than 3.6 cu. ft.
- Microwave (1 per room)
- Dishes and dish soap
- Cookware, utensils, cups, plates, napkins, food storage containers
- School supplies – planner, notebooks, folders, pens, highlighters, etc.
- Bulletin board/Door message board (white board)
- Posters, bulletin board, message board
- 3M stripes, blue painters tape, sticky tack
- Personal photos
- Clothing to last the season
- Umbrella or rain slicker and boots
- Ironing board and iron
Each residence hall room on campus comes furnished with the following items. All furniture provided by the College must remain inside the room.
- X-long twin bed (frame and mattress)
- Wardrobe or closet
What Not to Bring
The following items are prohibited in all campus housing. Please leave them at home!
- Air conditioners
- Christmas lights
- Extension cords or multi plugs
- Space heaters
- Hot plates
- BBQ grills
- Toaster overs
- Halogen lamps
- Cooking appliances with open heat coils/source
- Firearms or other weapons