Application for Graduation
All candidates must have completed an Application for Graduation via Self-Service by Monday, October 2, 2023. If you have not done so, please do so immediately. The information provided will be used to order your diploma and for the Commencement program.
Eligibility for Participation in Commencement
In order to participate in Commencement, students must:
- Complete an Application for Graduation via Self-Service
- Submit a complete degree audit signed by their Academic Advisor to the Curry Center for Student Services in Founders Hall 223
- Be no more than three credits short of all graduation requirements
- Have a plan approved by the Department Chair and Dean of the Undergraduate College to register for the required course within the next academic year, Summer 2024 through Spring 2025
- Agree to pay the University in full for the credits needed before walking at Commencement
- Satisfy all financial obligations to the University
- Complete federal loan exit interviews
- Complete the Career Survey
Federal Loan Exit Interviews
Graduates with Federal Direct Loans must complete an exit interview online or in person in the Curry Center for Student Services, Founders Hall 223 by Friday, April 26, 2024. You will need your social security number, FAFSA PIN, and the contact information for three references to complete the exit interview, which takes about 10 minutes. The link for completing the exit interview online is nslds.ed.gov/nslds/nslds_SA/.
Should you complete your exit interview online please save a copy for your records and email a copy to email@example.com to assist in timely processing. Graduates with Federal Perkins Loans must come to the Curry Center for Student Services to complete their Federal Perkins loan exit interview prior to Friday, April 26, 2024. The Office of Financial Aid will be available at the Graduation Fair and at Cap and Gown Pickup to assist graduates in completing the exit interview.
Graduates must satisfy all outstanding financial obligations to the University by Friday, April 26, 2024. Payments submitted after this date must be in cash, cashier’s check, or money order to the Office of Student Accounts located in the Curry Center for Student Services in Founders Hall 223. In accordance with University policy, diplomas and transcripts will not be released until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
Graduates must complete the Career Survey to pick up their caps and gowns. The Survey provides UMSV with information on the students’ post-graduation plans.