CMSV 503 Scholarship Opportunities
Policy Name: Scholarship Opportunities
Detailed financial aid information can be obtained from the College of Mount Saint Vincent Office of Financial Aid which will provide assistance regarding external funding. Scholarships available to students include, but are not limited to, the following:
- National Health Services Corps
The National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program (NHSC SP) awards scholarships to students pursuing eligible primary care health professions training. In return, scholars commit to provide primary care health services in Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs).
- Call 1-800-221-9393 or (TTY: 1-877-897-9910) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (except federal holidays).
- New York State Regents Professional Opportunity Scholarships
Awards range from $1,000 to $5,000 per year for up to 4 years of study or up to 5 years in certain programs. Scholarships are awarded to undergraduate or graduate students, depending on the program. Eligible programs include dental hygiene, dietetics/nutrition, massage therapy, occupational therapy assistant, ophthalmic dispensing, physical therapy assistant, registered physician assistant, veterinary technician, registered nursing, pharmacy, physical therapy, registered physical assistant, acupuncture, audiology, midwifery, nurse practitioner, speech language pathology, podiatry, psychology, chiropractic, and optometry.For more information, contact:
New York State Education Department
Bureau of HEOP/VATEA/Scholarships
Education Building Addition, Room 1071
Albany, N.Y. 12234
- The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) | PA Foundation
As the philanthropic arm of AAPA, the PA Foundation is committed to investing in the education and development of the next generation of PAs and PA leaders. The foundation awards scholarships of up to $2,500 to students who are economically and/or educationally disadvantaged, in addition to underrepresented minorities. Awards also include special focus scholarships for veterans and potential rural healthcare providers.
- The New York State Society of Physician Assistants (NYSSPA)
Awards are approximately $500 to $1,000 depending upon financial need, academic standing, community involvement, and number of applications as determined.For more information, contact:
New York State Society of Physician Assistants
322 Eighth Avenue, 12th Floor
New York, New York 10001-8001
- Scholarship for Black PA Students | PA Foundation
The minimum of four (4) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded this year and the next five years based upon the funding that is committed to date. The Joyce Nichols Memorial Scholarship is named after a groundbreaker in the PA profession.
- African Heritage PA Caucus | Prentiss L. Harrison Memorial/African Heritage PA Caucus Scholarship
Honors the legacy of the first Black PA and one of the founding members of the caucus. PA students who meet the general eligibility criteria may apply for the Joyce Nichols Memorial Scholarship by August 14. Applicants must be student members of AAPA, attend an ARC-PA-accredited PA program, be in good academic standing, and have successfully completed at least one term of PA studies.
Physician Assistant Foundation Scholarships | 2020 PA Student Scholarship Cycles I and II
The Foundation will offer two application cycles in 2020. Applicants may only apply during one cycle, based on the month in which they will graduate from PA school (any year). Cycle 1 opened January 13 and closed March 13—for applicants with a graduation month from January through June. Cycle 2 opens June 15 and closes August 14—for applicants with a graduation month from July through December.
- PA Foundation Scholarship
- Fourteen (14) at $1,000 each—open to applicants who meet the general eligibility criteria listed above. Apply for the PA Foundation Scholarship.
- AAPA Past Presidents Scholarship
- Two (2) at $1,000 each—awarded to students who demonstrate service leadership through their PA program or through a community health organization/project. Apply for the Past Presidents Scholarship.
- AAPA Rural Health Caucus Scholarship (1) and Ron Nelson Memorial Scholarship (1)
- $2,000 each—awarded to students from a rural area who are committed to serving a rural community. Apply for the scholarship.
- NCCPA Endowed Scholarship
- Two (2) at $2,000 each—awarded to students who identify as an underrepresented minority and/or economically disadvantaged and/or educationally disadvantaged, based on the definitions outlined in the application. Apply for the scholarship.
- Ron Pace Memorial Scholarship
- One (1) at $1,000—awarded to a Florida-based student who is a veteran or the child/dependent of a veteran. Named in memory of Ron Pace, a Florida Academy of Physician Assistants past president and AAPA Outstanding PA of the Year Award recipient, who served in the U.S. Navy for 20 years. Apply for the scholarship.
- William H. Marquardt Community Health Access Scholarship
- One (1) at $2,500—aims to benefit PA students who are dedicated to promoting accessible primary and preventive healthcare amongst underserved populations. Apply for the scholarship.
- Timi Agar Barwick Scholarship for Humanism in Medicine
- One (1) at $1,000—awarded to students who identify as an underrepresented minority and/or economically disadvantaged and/or educationally disadvantaged, based on the definitions defined in the application.
Please note: This is only available in Cycle-1.