10.8 Testing and Grading
The following College policies should be observed by all faculty:
- The first test or student evaluation should take place within the first four weeks of class, especially in those classes in which freshmen are registered.
- All term papers, reports, learning logs, etc. should be listed and given due dates on the syllabus.
- Mid-term grades are to be sent to the Office of the Registrar or the Banner Web System of the College of Mount Saint Vincent by the seventh week of the semester. For purposes of academic advisement, these notices are of particular importance, especially for freshmen. Faculty are urged to heed the deadline as set by the Office of the Registrar. These warnings to students are only useful if they are timely.
- All last tests (one that goes back to a previous test) and final examinations (a comprehensive two-hour exam) must be scheduled during the final exam week. Laboratory tests are exempt from this regulation.
Faculty should assign only those final grades listed in the Catalogue, i.e., A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, F, I, WF, P/NC.
- Final grades should be entered onto the Grade Roster of the Banner Web System of the College of Mount Saint Vincent and submitted promptly to the Office of the Registrar, but no later than 48 hours after the final exam. Failure to observe final grade deadlines results in the delay of printing and mailing grade reports to students.
Approved August 15, 2018